1 min read

Direct Airside Transit

What is a Direct Airside Transit Visa?

You will require a direct airside transit visa if you want to travel to the UK in order to travel on to another destination without passing through UK immigration control and this is known as Transit airside. If you are a national or citizen of one of the countries that are not covered by the transit without visa concession you will need to apply for a DATV unless you are exempt.

The booklet The UK’s DATV Regime (PDF 84K opens in new window) provides more information on visa requirements when passing through the UK.

For details of how to apply for a DATV you should contact your nearest British diplomatic post. A list of the British diplomatic posts is on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *