Chevening Fellowships are financed and awarded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office in order to support UK International Priorities. A menu of short Fellowship courses support UK planned priorities and allow UK overseas Missions to help advance the policy context in a country or region through fresh ideas and perspectives, capacity-building or exposure to knowledge.
Chevening Fellowships will assist to provide an informed and evidence-based context to key policy debates, mutual understanding of international positions supply practical experience relevant to the Fellowship subject and encourage dialogue to assist with identification of an optimum strategic direction in the subject of the Fellowship.
Chevening Fellowships will aim to provide Fellows with a positive, customer-focused experience of the UK and a relevant professional development chance through a 3-month subject-immersion course in the UK with a challenging programme of academic, practical, policy and political exposure. These Fellowships are an opportunity to gather information and to use that information in considered and directed discussion, by asking the big questions and exploring the range of approaches taken by different countries.
Chevening Fellowships will help the UK build a influential network of professional subject-based international colleagues and could generate a strong ‘think-tank’ to engage informally with UK overseas Missions in-country or regionally on specific issues. In this way, Fellowships will be expected to have immediate and ongoing impact on specific policy objectives at Post.
- A successful mid-career and/or senior professional
- In a position of leadership/authority and influence or in line for such a position
- Active in the field or with work experience or having demonstrated interest in the subject area of the Fellowship
- Identified by FCO diplomatic staff overseas
- Good operational command of English, including oral expression
- Motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK post-graduate course
- With the ability and talent to represent the high standards of the Chevening brand
- Interested in international policy dialogue
- Able and willing to attend the full 12-week Fellowship course in the UK
- No age restriction
- No limitation in respect of previous awards
- Willing to maximize opportunities under the Chevening Fellowship to:
– acquire and increase knowledge in subject area
– network with peers, UK staff and professional contacts/experts
– share relevant experience, ideas and perspectives
– become familiar with UK culture, business and people and
– understand the UK policy position/approach in the subject area of the Fellowship
- Intends to return home after completing the Chevening Fellowship
- Willing to maintain contact with UK Embassy/High Commission
- Open to maintaining a dialogue or participating in a mini-network on the Fellowship subject or a particular aspect of it
- As an alumnus of the Chevening Programme, willing to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of a UK Chevening Fellowship.
The Visa Fee of this type fellowship is totally Gratis.