Visa For UK

Overseas Qualified Nurses And Midwives

This page defines how you can apply to come to the UK as an overseas qualified nurse or midwife to undertake a supervised practice placement or midwifery adaptation scheme.
Some overseas qualified nurses can apply for permission to enter the UK as a work permit holder. You should read the page on who should apply for more details.


The requirements criteria you need to meet are set out in the eligibility section.
If you come to the UK as an overseas qualified nurse, you will be given permission to enter and stay in the United Kingdom for a maximum period of 18 months. At the end of the 18 months you will be expected to leave the United Kingdom.

Note the qualified nurses and midwives arrangements are due to be deleted later this year when the new points-based system skilled workers of Tier 2 is launched.

Share Your Visa Experience
Fields marked with a are required
* Name: 
* Email Address: 
* Topic Subject: 
* Topic Detail: 
* Enter Code:  code