visa for uk logo
Visa For UK

Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode

Right of abode
The right of abode means that you are completely free from United Kingdom Immigration Control. In other words, you do not require getting permission from an Immigration Officer to enter the UK and you can live and work in the UK without limitation.

Certificate of entitlement
A certificate of entitlement is a label put into your passport to display that you have the right of abode in the United Kingdom.

Supporting documents

You should include all the documents you can to show that you qualify for right of abode. If you do not we may reject your application.

As a guide, you should include:

How do apply
You can apply in a number of methods, e.g. by post, by courier, in person and online. The visa section will tell you about the ways in which you can apply. You will not be issued with a certificate of entitlement if you already have:

If you have any of the documents listed above and you also have a certificate of entitlement, that certificate may be cancelled.

If you cannot apply online you will need to fill in a visa application form VAF7 - Right of Abode. You can download the form from this website, or get one free of charge from your nearest visa application centre.

Click here for more information

Share Your Visa Experience
Fields marked with a are required
* Name: 
* Email Address: 
* Topic Subject: 
* Topic Detail: 
* Enter Code:  code